Lacey was originally called Woodland after settlers Isaac and Catherine Wood, who claimed land there in 1853. The small settlements of Woodland and Chambers Prairie consolidated into Lacey in the 1950s. Renamed for attorney and developer O.C. Lacey, the city of Lacey was officially incorporated on December 5, 1966. At the time, the main industries were cattle, milk, forest products, and retail. Lacey became a commuter town for Olympia, Fort Lewis and to some extent, Tacoma; in recent years, however, business developments, community groups, and population growth have led Lacey to develop into a city in its own right. [source: Wikipedia]
Disclaimer: The information contained in this listing has not been verified by RE/MAX Realty South and should be verified by the buyer.
The database information herein is provided from and copyrighted by the Northwest Multiple Listing Service (NWMLS). NWMLS data may not be reproduced or redistributed and is only for people viewing this site. Listings that feature the "three tree" icon are provided courtesy of NWMLS. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale or withdrawal. All rights are reserved by copyright.
Copyright 2017 Northwest Multiple Listing Service. All rights reserved.